Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pursue Me.

Focus on me. Seek Me. And you shall find me. These are the words that I have heard over and over and over the past few weeks.

I was reminded on Sunday by my pastor of how Jesus healed a woman of a bleeding disease that had plagued her for twelve years. She suffered for so long and spent everything she had to pay doctors to heal her, but she had gotten no better. She heard about Jesus and came up behind him to touch the fringe of his robe. She thought to herself "If I can just touch his clothing, I will be healed." Once she touched his clothing she was immediately healed. (See Mark 5:24-34 for the entire scripture verses)

Jesus said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. You have been healed." I will be truly honest with you...somedays I struggle and battle in my own mind and thoughts about my healing. Even though, truly in my heart of hearts...those words have already been spoken over me by my creator, my Father God, by Jesus himself.

I know that the lady that was healed was cured because of her faith. Her genuine faith involved action on her part. She had to fight her way through the crowd of people around Jesus and BELIEVE that once she touched the hem of his garment that she would be healed. This woman had to pursue Jesus, seek him, and then at last she was able to find him and be healed.I too have to continue to pursue God with all of my heart, my mind, my soul, and my strength. The days that I loose sight of what God has in store for me...I am reminded...seek me and you shall find me.

If our faith isn't put into action then it truly isn't faith at all. Like the woman in the scriptures we must seek and pursue Jesus fully so that we too can know what true "healing" is about.

If you are struggling with problems or fears today...know that Jesus is always ready to help. Don't allow your fears to keep you from approaching him. Pursue me...seek me...focus on me...and you shall know that I am God.

No comments:

Post a Comment