Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Final Say

Everything in life has a place and a purpose. We can create and generate our elaborate, drawn out plans, but God has the final say.
These past two and a half weeks, I have made several plans to attend events and parties; on that I was particularly looking forward to. I invited several friends to attend. I followed up with them by texting, emailing, and calling them, making sure they knew the time, date, and place; however, God seemed to have different plans.

My health hadn’t been quite up to par that week and I felt like I had depleted all the ways that I knew I could help rejuvenate and energize my body. I rested most days and literally did almost nothing, but to perform my basic daily needs. My wonderful husband took on the responsibilities of our household and three year-old. I asked God for His daily strength and continued to pray over our upcoming event that I had so anxiously awaited to attend.

Even though I knew was tired and not feeling 100% I changed into my evening casual attire and got into the car and headed out the driveway, but at the last moment Aaron forgot an item inside the house and asked for Katie and I to wait in the car. With the engine still running, and our car halfway in the street and the driveway, both of our doors ajar and Katie still in the car; I too ran into the house because everything in me screamed, “No, you’re body isn’t ready for this! You aren’t well rested.” So I too ran into the house as Aaron graciously upheld my tired body and I told him that I just couldn’t make it. He walked me to the couch and told me to do “nothing and just rest!,” until he arrived home from dropping off materials at the event.

Needless to say I was quite disappointed; however, I learned what Proverbs 16:33 speaks of, “We may throw the dice, but the Lord determines how they fall.”

Even though I was unable to attend I saw how the Lord impacted many women through that event. It brought together a community of believers and non-believers for God’s greater good. It helped build stronger relationships amongst friends. It helped others serve and pour out God’s generosity and love. Most of all, it allowed me to believe in the impact of prayer and regardless of my physical attendance, my spirit was there and God had the final say.

Remember “we can gather our thoughts, but the Lord gives the right answer.” (Proverbs 16:1) Whatever plans and decisions you make whether it be the mundane daily activities of life, conceiving a child, building a home, or making a career change; know that the Lord has the last say, but allow Him to guide you in your plans, for when you give them to Him, they will surely prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment