Friday, September 21, 2012

Distinct Tools

We must trust that God has imparted/bestowed to us the power that He wants us to have to do His will in our lives. It seems now more than ever I have to really embrace that God is using me as a tool in His ministry in individual and markedly distinct ways. Just as he called Jeremiah to confront and correct the nation of Israel in the divine call that he had received (Jeremiah 1:8). Tasks in life can seem daunting especially when we don't trust that the Lord has equipped us with all that we need.

Recently there have been moments that I felt I wouldn't rise to the task God was calling me too, even though I believed and knew that God wouldn't give me more than I could bare with His help.

Composed by Tina and typed by Aaron

Update: We have definitely had our share of ups and downs lately. Praise God, Tina still has not had a major seizure since earlier in the summer. She has however been struggling with extreme fatigue and weakness on the left-side of her body which makes it very difficult for her to do even ordinary daily activities like dressing and walking. This is complicated by the fact that for most of the day she is home alone because I am back at work. As a result she has had several falls lately. We are working with the insurance company on getting an aide to come out to the house for most of the day. Please keep these things in your prayers. Despite all of these challenges she doesn't complain or groan about her circumstances. That is truly amazing to me and inspires me to face each day with a grateful heart as I intentionally focus my attention on the blessings the Lord has given me. I hope this will inspire you to do the same :)

No comments:

Post a Comment