Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm in love with your Boss!

That would be with your Heavenly Father. 1 John 4:8 "But anyone who does not love, does not know God, for God is love." Love is one of God's attributes, but Love (in and of itself) is not God.

Long ago the Lord said to Israel "I have loved you my people with an everlasting love. With an unfailing love I have drawn you to Myself." (Jeremiah 31:3)

Real Agape love is a God like quality that never refers to romantic feelings or sexual love. Only if we have God in our hearts can we have Agape love.

Someone once said "Love is selfless, humble, a service to meet the needs of another person, no matter how lowly or menial that service may seem and no matter how undeserving the recipient is of that love." As a matter of fact, in John 13:35 Jesus said "Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are My disciples."

I'm all smiles and filled with such joy to be able to say that I am in love with the boss of those who have accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior. Your boss's love just baffles me most days. For no matter what I do, He continues to love me and not only does He love me, but He forgives me and has told me and shown me the deepness of Agape love He has towards us. A love from deep within. One that is indescribable. A total love that goes beyond the depths of simple kindness or worldy love!

1 Corinthians 13:13 says that there are three things that will endure: faith, hope and love - and the greatest of these is Love.

Remember to show others your Agape love as Jesus would - no matter how menial the task or how undeserving the person seems. It is showing them how much you love their Creator and Boss. Whether it be pouring them a bowl of cereal, helping them get dressed, lying them in bed to sleep or putting on their shoes in the morning no matter how exhausted you seem to be. Now that's Agape love.

In Romans 5:5 there are all three members of the Trinity. The Father sent His Son to bridge the gap between us, and the Father and Son sent the Holy Spirit to fill our life with love and to enable us to live by His power. See also Acts 1:8

God has given us His precious and bountiful gift of Love! How can we even consider giving Him less than our best?

We have to remember that God is the Creator of all human beings and that means that we were created by Him but there is a difference between being created by Him and being born into a Family.

As Christians we should have an Agape love for our Creator and the only way to understand what that means is to deeply and most intimately seek His Word and His face on a daily basis. Be sure to prepare your heart to receive the opportunities that God will lay in front of you and be open to them.

We should have an overwhelming respect for our Father God. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge and fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Proverbs 1:7)

Our teaching pastor described fear of God as having a reverence, awe and respect to our Boss. Blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in His ways (Psalms 128:1-6).

This blog was hand written by Tina about 4 months ago, back on July 17, 2012 but it is just now being posted on this blog for the first time.

Composed by Tina and typed by Aaron

Update: Recently my mom came into town to help out Tina, Katie and me and it has been a real blessing. Tina and I have now had more time lately to enjoy each other's company and I am loving it. Tina is continuing to struggle both physically and cognitively but as I stare deep into her eyes I am still able to see the same woman I fell in love with so many years ago.

People have asked me at times how they can help out and I always tell them that the best thing they can do is to pray and we are so thankful to have some many prayers covering our lives. In addition to prayer, I have included a hyperlink below to a Care Calendar that was setup for Tina by our friends at church. There are some practical things on there such as bringing meals and sitting with Tina. If you are interested check out the following link: http://www.takethemameal.com/meals.php?t=YCQY0988

Praying that you experience the amazing Love of our Father that Tina wrote about, Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment