p.s. Tina wanted me to ask all of you if you have anything that we can pray for you about to please share it with us (on the blog if you feel comfortable or with us via text).
"Babe, you just witnessed a modern day miracle." These were the 1st words Tina spoke to me when I saw her in recovery after her surgery yesterday. I don't have any words to describe all the flood of emotions that rushed over me at that moment. I am so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so in love with Tina, my beautiful wife. Her courage, faith, and optimism humble me. Tina is impacting so many people everywhere she goes (lots of people up here at the hospital) because of her pure, childlike faith and the love of God which pours out of her to those around her.
Things that were miraculous...
1) Tina's attitude- Dr. Comair commented after surgery that "she is an amazing lady." Those of you who know Tina are not surprised by this...she is an amazing example of Jesus :)
2) Dr. Comair said that all of the tumor was removed.
3) She wasn't able to move her left hand after surgery but after much effort was able to. She is having some difficulty now...but is still trying :)
Things to pray for:
1) Tina has had several new seizures after surgery. Dr. said this was not an unusual side effect after this operation and that she should be doing much better soon.
2) Tina is unable to move her left leg or foot. Dr said this was not an unusual side effect and that she should re-gain this within a week.
Overall yesterday was an exhausting and overwhelming day in many ways... But GOD. I wonder to myself..."How could anyone do this.... without GOD." We are still confident that God has Tina in the palm on His right hand and has already won this battle for us. God has given us His peace that she will fully recover. We are planning on going dancing this weekend :)
Tina and I rested today (Wednesday).... loving on each other and our God who brought us through this.
We thank you for your continued prayers and support. If you would like to visit please call Corie (713-775-3082) or Linda (713- 315-7761) 1ST before coming for a possible visit. They will arrange visits for Thursday or later depending on how Tina is doing.
We love you all,
Aaron, Tina, and Katie
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Modern Day Miracle
Posted by A little about us... at 5:20 PM