Thursday, August 20, 2009

Praise Him, Praise Him, Praise Him

I couldn't help but think of Matthew 9: 20-22. [The verses are as follows from the New Living Translation.]

20 a woman who had had a hemorrhage for twelve years came up behind him. She touched the fringe of his robe, 21 for she thought, "If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed." 22 Jesus turned around and said to her, "Daughter, be encouraged! Your faith has made you well." And the woman was healed at that moment.

After this past weekend, in which I participated in a woman's retreat, and as I sat listening to the words of our speaker I began to ask God for continued healing in my body[especially for my foot that has been making slow progress and for a clean MRI report on Monday]. As I began to prayI sat quietly on the couch (and if you have been following the blog you know that I continue to have difficulty moving my foot from side to side) and I began trying to get my foot to move from side to side...after about a minute or so of trying my foot began to move slowly...more than it has since right after surgery...and at one point I felt like it almost had its full range of movement. As the minutes passed by it continued to move back and forth. I was so amazed at God's work...I just leapt for joy in my spirit. When I came home that evening I was so overjoyed and excited that I sat down and told Aaron look, look, look at my foot. And to my disbelief my foot just sat there...it didn't move. I was awe struck and disappointed for a few minutes because I wanted Aaron to share in the joy that I had experienced earlier that day. After those few minutes God spoke to my spirit and let me know that my foot was just worn out and to try the next day. Sure enough God is so faithful! On Sunday my foot began to move again...since then I have been able to move it bit by bit...I believe that it will continue to strengthen each day and return better than it was before!

All that to say...that the scripture in Matthew that says, "Daughter, be encouraged! Your faith has made you well." Really spoke to me, but I believe that not only is it MY faith, but yours as well that has continued to strengthen me!

Another awesome praise report...On Tuesday we went to the neurooncologist and he gave us the results of my recent MRI scans. He reported...that all is well and my scans are clean and clear (a.k.a. the cancer has NOT come back)! Aaron and I are truly overjoyed at our awesome and wonderful news. God is ever so faithful! When we heard that news...God brought the same scripture in Matthew to my spirit...just writing all of this brings tears of joy to me. I just can't fathom my life without my Father God. And for those of you who are out there and don't have a personal relationship with God...I encourage you to call Aaron or me...or if you don't feel comfortable find someone who is a strong believer in Christ that you may know and ask them how you can come to know Christ.

I pray that you have an awesome and wonderful day...and I leave this with you..."Where is your faith today? What/Who do you put your trust in?"

Thank you all for your continued love, prayers, and support.

1 comment:

  1. Praise God Tina!!!!
    He is so faithful. His Word NEVER returns void, but always accomplishes what it was sent forth to accomplish!!!
    Stay encouraged my friend... God has some big things in store for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete