Friday, October 15, 2010

Dr. BATTLE...

LOL. I have to laugh at God's funny sense of humor. Last night one of my best friends was over at my house and I grabbed a folder with a stack of papers that I had to fill out by this morning for a doctor's appointment that I will be going to in a few hours. A few moments before I sat down, I looked down and saw the doctor's name I had written on the folder earlier yesterday morning. At that moment, I thought, "wow...oh my gosh...this guy's name is Dr. Battle." Coincidence...hmmm...I don't think so. It was at that moment that I showed the name to my friend and she said, "Are you serious?" We both then just laughed!

We laughed because God had been speaking to us about War and Battle (hence, the name of my last post). And this morning, I thought it was appropriate to share with you. I love what one of my sister's drink coasters says, "Coincidences are God's way of being anonymous."

I don't think that it was a coincidence that God gave me the scripture during my quiet time this morning...4 [a]We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. 5 We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)...Paul is telling us what we have available to use the, "mighty weapons" (e.g. prayer, faith, hope, love) God has given us, to battle the enemies "strongholds" (e.g. in my case...thoughts that I will not be healed and that this cancer will continue to grow...which is a "false argument" in my mind).

Any thoughts or words spoken over you that are negative and against what God has to say...don't use your own reasoning as to why they might be right...and don't allow pride or negative thoughts to rule over you and your mind. Do NOT allow them to take control over you!

These weapons that Paul speaks of also allow you to not only combat the weapons that are formed against you, but also allows you to combat for others and use these weapons to break down the proud human arguments against God and the wall that the enemy builds to keep people from finding God.

My main purpose for living here on this earth is to glorify God...and however, He needs to use ME to glorify Him. I am willing to allow Him to do this in whatever way is necessary. At this moment in time...you are reading this post...not because I forced you to, but because of your own free will. Therefore, God is using this blog to allow me to use my "weapons (prayer and faith)" so that those that are reading this and don't know God or those that have as 2 Corinithians 5 says, "proud arguments that keep people from knowing God" can come to know Christ for who He truly is. He is a God that makes and keeps promises, a God that builds you and encourages your heart (especially in the times that you are down), He is a loving and faithful God...whose purpose is to love those whom He created.

I pray that as you continue to read and keep up with this blog that it inspires you to reach out to others and share this message of hope with them. May God bring a "Dr. Battle" to help you fight against the wars in your life!

---Con Amor, Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment