Friday, March 18, 2011

Sweet Perfume.

Recently over the past several weeks I have been receiving an alternative treatment called Oxidative Therapy (e.g. Hydrogen Peroxide therapy). The treatment consists of being hooked up to an I.V. for about an hour or two depending upon the kind of day my veins want to have. In the I.V. there is a mixture of Hydrogen Peroxide, vitamins, minerals, and at the moment they have added a substance called DMSO(this is suppose to help heighten/exacerbate the effects of the treatments). This DMSO makes the body supposedly have a garlic-like smell quality, but those that have been around me soon after my treatment have mentioned that they can't quite describe what I really smell like. Regardless of what it is that I smell like...undeniably, it is a very unique smell. Somedays I resent the fact that I "smell" and that it seems at times that this whole cancer thing seems to take over my thoughts and at moments, I feel like it just takes over my life.
My devotional today lead me to think about what if this "fragrance" of mine, was that of my Savior...what if my "unique smell" was that of Jesus. This verse in 2 Corinthians 3:14, "But thank God! He has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ’s triumphal procession. Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume," made me think what if my life was always the "sweet perfume" of Jesus and everytime someone smelled that fragrance, it reminded them of Jesus.
My prayer is that no matter the times that I seem to be overwhelmed by life and all that it seems to entail. That I can be that "sweet fragrance" to those around me, to those that need to know who Jesus is and that when they look my way, they are able to smell His sweet love. At the end of the day, no matter what I smell like (LOL) I just pray that it honors God, that I reflect His image, and that it is evident that Jesus is at work in my life.
Lord, I pray that even in the times that we don't understand what or why things are happening, that we trust in you. Ultimately I am truly grateful that you know the beginning and the end. Thank you for holding me captive and leading me in Christ's triumphal procession. For it is your news that is the life-giving fragrance that we all need. I Love You Daddy. Thank you for using me to spread the news of who you truly are.

No comments:

Post a Comment