Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Can I borrow your smile for today?

There are days that each of us have, where we are truly exhausted and feel like we are beat down and defeated before we even begin our day. We are overwhelmed by all of the trials at work and home, the negative thoughts that bombard our minds, the grief and suffering of losing someone, or the idea that we will be defeated yet again. Some days we probably feel as Job felt, "Why is life given to those with no future, those God has surrounded with difficulties? I cannot eat for sighing; my groans pour out like water. What I always feared has happened to me. What I dreaded has come true. I have no peace, no quietness. I have no rest; only trouble comes.(Job 3:23-26)" It is then that we should ask the Lord, "please, may I borrow your smile for the day?"

Once we decide to get up, we must ask for His strength to carry us forward and to prepare us for battle. Psalm 18:32-34 says, "God arms me with strength, and he makes my way perfect. He makes me as surefooted as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights. He trains my hands for battle; he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow." Our Father God promises to give us strength to meet the challenges of the day. He prepares us to climb mountains and fight battles by teaching us, strengthening us, and standing beside us. Through our sufferings He prepares us for the future things that we are not aware of.

Our God is a God of intention and purpose. He doesn't always eliminate the trials of life, but He intends to use them for our good. We can rest assured that "He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:29-31)

Remember that God's strength never diminishes. He is always there to listen and to call upon Him; Trust in Him for He will cause you to rise above life's trials. Allow Him to be your strength and help in your time of need! If you, a loved one, a co-worker, a friend, or even a stranger that you may see in the street, are struggling to make it to tomorrow, rest assured and be encouraged that the Lord will strengthen you, just ask Him if you can borrow His smile today. :)


christslegacy.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment