Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sincere Love in Your Sweet Spot

For the past few years I have really struggled with feelings of not knowing where my role in ministry was and why it is that I haven't really found a place that was, as my pastor has said, "my sweet spot."

Before the foundations of the earth, God had a plan, one that involved His son. He sent His son to this earth, to live out a plan of salvation. One that involved Him sacrificing His one and only son to die for the forgiveness of our sins. "It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. (I Peter 1:19)" that was given as a ransom for you. "You were cleansed from your sins when you obeyed the truth, so now you must show sincere love to each other as brothers and sisters. Love each other deeply with all your heart. (I Peter 1:22)" Now that's a "sweet spot!" It wasn't an easy one, but that is the one that God chose for Jesus.

Previously I have given of my time, effort, finances, and resources to help with the needs of others; however, many times it seems I have always walked away with a sense of dissatisfaction, needing something else, as if I continued to have a void that need to be filled. In my own mind, I felt as if I was giving of myself, my time, and my efforts, but it always felt like something was missing. I wasn't fulfilled in the places that I felt I was serving.

As of lately, God has truly been working in my heart to give of my time, effort, finances, and resources, but in a new way. The exact way that He gave of His son. One that is self-sacrificial, with a sincere and "deep" love that Peter speaks about. In essence, I feel like He is saying to me "stop going through the motions" and truly put your heart and soul into anything that I set before you...it is then that you will come upon to know the sincere love that I speak about in my Word.

Although, I am still in process of "finding" my sweet spot, I have a new found freedom that God has shown me; loving deeply and sincerely. The Lord continues to melt away the dross to refine me each day, so as to reflect His image.

I pray that the Lord works in your heart and your life. For I know that He has great and mighty plans for your life and the sacrifice of His son has shown His sincere love for you. Love others today and give of your whole self. Whether it be that you spend more quality time with your family, give a listening ear to your dear friend that is hurting, devoting time to lead a bible study, or giving of your financial resources. If it is you that is in need, give to others and see what God gives back to you in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment