Thursday, March 22, 2012

Follow my voice...

Have you ever got up in the middle of the night in search of water or the restroom and noticed how difficult it is to see without any light? You search and grasp for something to hold onto and for some sense of direction. Well, in our house one of our favorite family rituals is to read Katie a bedtime story and then rock her before she goes to sleep. As we finished reading her story tonight she walked over to grab her favorite blanket and pillow and then proceeded to turn out the light. And then...there was silence and no movement for a moment. Although I couldn't see her I could sense that she was trying to locate where I was. She stopped and called out "Daddy I can't see you." As any loving father would do I reassured her and said "Katie, I am right here. Follow my voice." A second later she was snuggled up warm and cozy in her daddy's arms.

Have you ever felt like you were walking blindly through life? Constantly grasping for some sense of direction, not sure of which way to turn, not knowing what lies ahead in your future...I have. Been there, done that, got the hat. But...it doesn't have to be that way. God clearly tells us in the Bible that if we will listen to His voice that He will guide us and direct us. Check out what Jesus said in John 10:27 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." That means, if we are in Christ that we can have direction in life and in the darkest of times when we feel scared, lonely and directionless if we listen closely to His voice it will lead us to His loving and comforting arms.

Update: Tina and I have had a pretty rough week. We got news this past Tuesday that the cancer that was removed one month ago with surgery has already returned. But...we serve a mighty and powerful God who reminds us daily that He is well able to take care of us. Additionally, Tina is also scheduled to start some treatments with Avastin tomorrow and we are confident and hopeful that she will be feeling better really soon. Please keep this in your prayers. Earlier this evening Tina was feeling exhausted from the day and was wearing her eyemask to help block out any light to avoid any sensory overload. Since she was unable to see, she was relying on me to help walk her around and at one point she stood still and seemed hesitant to take a step forward. It was in that moment that I leaned close to her and gently whispered in her ear..."Tina, I am right here. Follow my voice." :)

- A messenger of God

No comments:

Post a Comment