Friday, March 9, 2012

You know me...

I have been reminded lately about how a relationship with someone builds intimacy. A dictionary defined intimacy as "close familiarity or friendship; closeness; a private cozy atmosphere." Have you ever noticed that as you get to know someone better that it seems as if they can read your mind and vice versa. You finish each other's sentences, laugh about shared memories and seem to know what the other person needs without them even having to ask. The bible tells us that our Father God in Heaven longs to have an intimate relationship with us. A closeness. A friendship. Check out this verse...“No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.” John 15:15

So how do we form intimacy with someone? Simple. By spending time with them. The more time you spend with them, the closer you become. It's the same with God. If we want a closeness with God then we need to spend time with Him...reading His word, talking to Him, praising Him through song and with our life.

How can you grow closer to God today?

Update: Over the past several years as I have spent more and more time caring for and attending to Tina, our level of intimacy has grown very deep. Last night Tina had another really big seizure. As a kneeled by her during the seizure I knew exactly what she needed from me in that moment. Later that night as we were going to sleep she whispered some encouraging words in my ear to uplift me and remind me that we can get through this together. She knew what I needed as well :) We chuckled and we both said "Yep, this is just a little bump in the road."

As you read this blog join Tina and I as we continue to praise and worship our Father God through all the bumps in the road.


- A messenger of God

No comments:

Post a Comment