Friday, April 13, 2012

Cruise Control

Several years ago there was a song about Jesus taking the wheel. Do you remember that? Well, whether or not that was one of your favorite songs I imagine that it may have caused you to stop and think. "Who is in the driver's seat of my life?" Over the past several years this question has come to my mind many times, especially lately. If you are anything like me you like to feel like you have some control of your life and what does or doesn't happen to you. Well I have learned that while I do have some limited ability to steer my "ship" through the "seas of life", ultimately I have no control of the winds, waves and weather. Only God is in charge of those! To some this idea may seem frightening or discouraging but for me it brings a reassurance for two main reasons.

#1 God loves me. Since I have asked Jesus to come into my heart, this has been a reality to me. Just like the song I sang as a child still echoes in my mind. I know that Jesus loves me because the bible tells me so.

#2 God is in control. Like the verse in 1 Chronicles 29:11 so clearly states, God is Lord of everything. "Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the splendour, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all."

Therefore, if God loves me and He is in control of everything...I can choose to sit back, relax and trust that He is guiding and directing everything in my life for my good as I release control to Him and cruise through the "seas of life". This isn't always easy but with God I can.

Update: Overall Tina has been doing a little better over the past 2 weeks since she started her Avastin injections although she has been having a lot of difficulty with sleep again due to the steroids she has been taking. Continued sleep deprivation (as you may have encountered) affects every area of your life and it has been causing some difficult side effects for both of us, but God has been faithful to rejuvenate us and give us His supernatural strength to carry on. Please pray that her sleep gets better and we will also be praying that God gives you His supernatural strength when you need it as you release control of your life to Him.

- A messenger of God

No comments:

Post a Comment