Friday, May 4, 2012

Rainbow Promises

Overall we all have our ups and downs. We're human by the way. God has been so gracious in sending support our way in many shapes and forms.

Each day is a personal day from the Lord for His word has given us countless promises and when we seek His face and search for an intimate relationship with Him He will pour out blessings we cannot contain.

One of God's eternal promises to us was that He would never again flood the Earth to destroy all flesh (Genesis 9:13-15). The rainbows we see after the rain are a constant reminder to us to be encouraged and hopeful that no matter what vain imaginations the enemy tries to throw at us, God backs His promises and keeps us from the fiery darts of the enemy. For God is always our eternal rock (Isaiah 26:4b).

This morning God truly gave me a supernatural peace. These past few months have been quite difficult and exhausting, e.g. being in the hospital, recovery and many days of downs both emotionally and physically. BUT, God's rainbow promises have kept us going. "Lord, grant us peace, all we really have is from You." (Isaiah 26:12). I can't tell you how many times we prayed this prayer.

In your moments of desperation cry out to God, "Lord, You are my strength and my song. You have given me the victory over this situation. You are my God. I will praise You. My Father's God, and I will exalt You!"

I pray that you lean on God's rainbow promises today. No matter how difficult and bleak circumstances look, know that Jesus is right there with you, walking with you. I challenge you today to find other rainbow promises He has given us and share those with others.

Update: I have still had my ups and downs over the past several weeks. Due to a change in my meds I had quite a few seizures last week and had to go into the ER over the weekend. But they changed my meds and this week I am doing better.

- Composed by Tina and typed by Aaron.

No comments:

Post a Comment