Saturday, May 26, 2012

Secrets

The time is coming when everything will be revealed. All that is secret will be made public. Whatever you have said will be heard in the light and whatever you have whispered behind closed doors will be shouted from the housetops for all to hear (Luke 12:2).

You spread out our sins before You, our secret sins, and You see them all (Psalm 90:8).

"Can anyone hide from Me? Am I not everywhere in all the heavens and the Earth?" asks the Lord (Jeremiah 23:24).

So be careful not to jump to conclusions before the Lord returns as to whether someone is faithful. When the Lord comes, He will bring our deepest secrets to light and will reveal our private motives. And then God will give to everyone whatever praise is due (I Corinthians 4:5).

For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are. Nothing in all of creation can hide from Him. Everything is naked and exposed before His eyes. This is the God to whom we must explain all that we have done (Hebrews 4:12-13).

Lord I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against You (Psalm 119:11).

Many of us are living the life that the Samaritan woman lived in John 4. For she had deep secrets that lied within her soul. After Jesus asked for her to "Please give me a drink" (John 4:7) she was shocked that a Jew was asking or even just talking to her for Jews in those days looked down at the Samaritans (because they were considered to be a mixed race). Jesus then promised her that He would quench the thirst deep within her soul. He tells her to "Go and get your husband". She tells him "I don't have a husband" and Jesus replied "You're right, you don't have a husband. For you have had five now and aren't even married to the man you are living with now" (John 4:17-18).

Jesus brought up this woman's past, however regardless of what she had done He loved her and offered her eternal life. The Samaritans in the town believed Jesus was the Messiah because they heard Him themselves, not just because this woman told them about her testimony.

Once she knew her testimony had been exposed, she was set free from all her secrets.

In my own life I know I have had secrets that had held me captive for years. I once read "You're only as sick as your secrets. If you have a list of secrets, you are really sick."

Over the years I have learned to let go of many of my secrets for they fiercely hindered my relationships with some of my dearest and loved friends and they truly burdened my heart, but once I let God's flashlight shine in the deepest crevices of my heart, I allowed my deepest secrets to be my life's saving grace.

Today allow God to relieve you of your burdens. Allow Him to give you the courage to open your heart to those things that are hindering you. Allow Him to expose your deepest secrets to help you set yourself free and bring you closer to Him, for He is your ultimate saving water, just like the Samaritan woman. God is omnipresent (all places), omnipotent (all powerful) and omniscient (all knowing).

Share these thoughts with those around you. You may help someone set themselves free from being captive to their deepest secrets.

Update: I have been really fatigued lately and my physical strength on my left side has been weaker than usual. I have also had a few more seizures since last week. Not really sure why. We just got an MRI done yesterday and we will get the results on Tuesday. Please keep this in your prayers. Recently we were reminded that despite any difficulties we may face in life we need to always start our day by looking unto our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and He will give us the strength that we need for that day.

Composed by Tina and typed by Aaron.

No comments:

Post a Comment