Monday, April 27, 2009

Great and Patient News...

Praise God for great news. From what the neurosurgeon said and could tell from the MRI, there was no re-growth of cancerous cells. He does, however, want us to go see a neuro-oncologist…seemingly more so for preventative measures. How he explained the situation to us was that when they resect a tumor there can be residual cells around the tumor that can’t all be removed (which can be cancerous).

Think about it in this way…if you have two different colors (pink and blue lumps) of sand and you dump the pink one on top of the blue one, you can probably remove the majority of the pink color from the blue one, but you may still have some granules of pink sand in the blue one after removing the mass of the pink lump. Just because it would be too difficult to pick out all of the pink granules. That’s kinda how it works with a tumor and brain cells.
Ultimately he told us we have three options: do nothing and get an MRI in three months to see if there has been any re-growth of cancerous cells, have oral chemotherapy, or have chemo and radiation. Dr. Comair, our neurosurgeon said he would call the neuro-oncologist tomorrow to talk with him about his opinion and then we are to go see the neuro-oncologist sometime within the next week or so.

In the end…God has the say so. Yes he gives us wisdom, doctors, and discernment to make the right choices for ourselves, but ultimately He has the last word.
So since patience is a virtue we must all possess…Aaron and I will wait patiently for the next appointment. We Love you all. Thank you so much for your continued love and support. We couldn’t be where we are today if it hadn’t been for you!

1 comment:

  1. Jonathan and I are still praying for you guys and think about you all the time.
    Love, Mollie