Thursday, November 4, 2010

All-In...

The "Serious Poker Dictionary" defines All-In when a player puts the last of their chips into a pot.

About 22 months ago, my pastor asked Aaron and I a very serious and important question. He asked us "are you all-in?" In this case, he was asking us if we were on board with the vision that God had given him to start Thrive Church. He asked us to give him six months to help him start the church. In my point of view, I felt he was asking us for a huge faith move. And at the same time asking,"Do you have enough faith to believe that God has something awesome in store for the people of Katy/Richmond and for you too?"

Aaron and I were quite comfortable where we were at. We loved the church we attended for so many years and had so many close friends that it was hard to think about leaving all of that, to begin a church from the foundation up. But that is where God had stepped in, a few months earlier...He began to prepare my heart slowly and subtly. I'm not really sure where the preparation truly began, but I felt myself slowly beginning to be pulled in a new direction...so once our pastor cast out his vision and told us we had forty-eight hours to give him an answer...we had to step out in faith and know that when we said, "Yes, we'll do it." That this was what God had called us to do.

Those couple of days were ones that were quite difficult for us, but through much time in prayer and seeking God we made our decision to say "yes." Today we are proud to say that we made the decision to be "all-in." We have seen so many people's lives be changed for God's glory.

At this point in my life, I have had to to tell God, okay...here you go, here's my chips, I'm "all-in." Almost every moment of everyday over the past two months I have had to fight with the enemy to cast down imaginations that are not true of God and His word. I have tried to do my best to be obedient to all of God's commands on me (e.g. through my eating habits, exercising, researching things on my own about cancer, taking time to focus on the Word of God). So that no matter what happens I know that I have followed everything that He has asked of me and I can be confident in God's promises.

Mind you I am only human and I have had weak moments where I have waivered here and there, but the Lord knows my heart and know that I am seeking Him with all I have. I know that in Hebrews 10:35, it says "do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what happens." I have to remember that God is truly my hope and my confidence. If I trust in Him he will truly reward me.

When you decide that you are "all-in" and you are wanting and willing to seek God. Remember to find strength and knowledge through His word and He will reward you because you have confidence in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment