Friday, November 12, 2010

Confidence and Strength

This week I was truly excited to see that they have scheduled my next check-up appointment for November 30, 2010. This next verse "...Let the weak say, 'I am strong'" (Joel 3:10) gave me the strength to continue being obedient to what God has called me to do (e.g. eating right, taking my vitamins, eating my barley grass, drinking my daily water dosages, exercising, writing this blog for all to hear God's word, conducting my daily foot soaks in H202, and reading, memorizing, and surrounding myself with His daily word and songs).

Some days it truly is a struggle for me to all the things on my 'to do' list, including not only my health related things, but loving my family, spending quality time with them, and performing the daily duties around our home. Overwhelmed is a word that has come to my mind many days, but I then just remind myself of what Isaiah 27:5 says, "Let him take hold of my strength." I have had to do just that! I sometimes literally reach my hands up to God and say, "Jesus help me today, I need your strength." I know that I can't juggle all of life's demands on my own and I need the Lord to help me, to give me His grace.

At times when I feel like I have failed to meet "my daily expectations," I have to remind myself of Hebrews 10:35, "Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward." I have to remember that I have to be confident in God's word, regardless of what happens on a day to day basis. I remind myself that because I have put my confidence in Jesus Christ and His word, that He is my hope and He will reward my efforts if I trust in Him.

At the end of the day, I have to tell myself, even if I feel as though I wasn't quite perfect in all the goals I wanted to accomplish that day...God sees my efforts and knows that my confidence and strength lies in Him.

If you have had a particularly stressful day and you are feeling overwhelmed and weak...say to yourself, "I am strong." I have the power and strength of the Lord God and He will see me through today...tomorrow...and all of my days. Or maybe you have had an uneventful day, but others around need encouragement and peace in their lives...share these words with them. Who knows, maybe you can be the light in the darkness of their day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment