Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Humility, Desperation, and Dependence

This morning I was convicted by the Holy Spirit by the words that I ended my last post in," I will boldly say, 'I am expecting to hear the doctor say, ...there is no hint of disease or trace of cancer!' ."

I felt that maybe saying that, there was a hint of pride in my words. I want my words to glorify and edify God. Several times the Bible warns us that "God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble" (James 4:6). In James 5:5, God says, "...God sets himself against the proud but he shows favor to the humble." I want the words that I speak [and write] to show that I come before God in humility and brokenness and that my prayers and words are for serving Him. I want my words to be based on the character and promises of God, not on pride.

Over the past couple of months I have had to grow strong in my prayer life, put my self-confidence away; throw my pride aside and come to Jesus with a sense of desperation and dependence. I then have had to and must continue to patiently and expectantly watch as God responds to my prayers and acts on my behalf.

This was truly my heart when I spoke [wrote] those words yesterday. I think that God wants you to grow in your prayer life today, heed to His spirit, humble yourself and depend upon Him. Remember, that God's timing isn't always our timing, but put your confidence in Christ and His Word no matter what happens. He is your hope and He will surely reward your trust in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment