Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Getting Caught Up

My friend, Diana, and I were talking on Monday (she's from Guatemala)and she asked me, "Do you suppose life is this fast-paced in Europe and other countries of the world?" I replied, "I'm not sure about all countries, but most of them aren't as busy as the United States." She answered, "Everyone here is always in a rush to do this or that and are too busy."

I pondered over that conversation yesterday and thought, "Yes, we are way too busy...(I should just moved to Costa Rica! That's definitely the answer to that problem...LOL); then reality set in, we really are too busy (as sadness enters my heart and tears come into my eyes) because there have been many a days that I have told God, "I'll get to you later and later became tomorrow, and tomorrow became a week, etc)." I wonder how we would react if we sacrificed our one and only son for someone that they may have life and then they put us off, day after day, week after week. I'm not so sure that I could say that I wouldn't be angry or bitter at that person.

All God wants is our time and attention. He wants to give us His guidance and wants us to focus on Him. Joshua was a man that was a faithful servant of the Lord. He helped the Israelites cross the Jordan river to conquer their promised land. Before leaving to cross the Jordan, the Lord instructed Joshua to tell the Israelites, “Come and listen to what the Lord your God says. Today you will know that the living God is among you. He will surely drive out the Canaanites, Hittites, Hivites, Perizzites, Girgashites, Amorites, and Jebusites ahead of you. Look, the Ark of the Covenant, which belongs to the Lord of the whole earth, will lead you across the Jordan River!"(Joshua 3:9-11) and he obeyed. God prepared and instructed the Israelites along the way and they conquered their promised land.

In our fast-paced society we can get "caught up" into our business before taking time to focus on God. God does not want us to plunge into our day without consulting with Him on our activities for today. It's like saying, "Would you go into a battle without your armor and weapons?" The likely answer to that question is "no." Be sure today that you don't get "caught up" into your own mission, so that your focus will stay on God and He can get you "caught up."

christslegacy.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment