Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Peace

As most of you already know Aaron and I have gone through the ups and downs of several MRI scans and doctor's appointments...each in anticipation of hearing "your cancer is gone." In between each of these appointments we have had to stand on God's promises of healing for me. I will be honest with you, there are somedays in between of not allowing God's Holy Spirit to take over me in order to have a supernatural peace. It hasn't been that in my heart, I have ever doubted what God has revealed to me, but I allow the lies of the enemy to get a hold of my thoughts to the point of doubt in my head. Some days I feel like Sarah (Abraham's wife), who had repeated promises, a visit by two angels, and an appearance by the Lord himself that she would one day have a son. When Sarah received her promise she declared, “God has brought me laughter. All who hear about this will laugh with me. Who would have said to Abraham that Sarah would nurse a baby? Yet I have given Abraham a son in his old age!” (Genesis 21 6-7)

Sarah allowed doubt, worry, and fear to overtake her; therefore, she forfeited God's peace she could have felt during her time of waiting for the Lord's promise to come to fruition.

By focusing on God's promising, you will allow the Holy spirit to give you God's supernatural peace. If you are having a difficult or stressful day, week, or even months allow God's peace to fill you. Trust in God's promises today and give your worries, fears, and anxieties to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment