Saturday, January 28, 2012

When words fail...

Have you ever wanted to tell somebody something but the words just wouldn't come out right? Over the past several days there has been several times when Tina was so fatigued that the slightest sound or gleam of light would cause her brain to become so overstimulated that she would start to twitch, her face would start to tingle and her brain would tetter on the brink of seizing at any moment. It was in those moments that that she would have to wear ear plugs, an eye mask and sit in a dark room with no one talking. This was very difficult for me because I wanted to talk to her and encourage her but I was unable to...However...we found another way to communicate. I would hold her hand gently and "speak" to her with my hand gestures. For example, when I was able to speak to her I told her that if I ever kissed her hand and held it to my face that it meant..."I love you...you are my best friend...I am here for you...I will never leave you nor forsake you" so when those moments came and she felt all alone in that dark room all I needed to do was kiss her hand and hold it to my face and in that moment no words needed to be spoken because she already KNEW in her heart what I was saying....

That is exactly what Jesus does for us. When we place our life in his HANDS he holds us close and speaks to our hearts and even in the darkest of times His voice cries out to us "I love you...you are my best friend...I am here for you...I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Update: We saw the neurosurgeon today and Tina is scheduled to have her MRI's next Wednesday and her surgery next Thursday. Eventually Tina would love to have visitors but on the day of the surgery we are only allowing our immediate family to go back and see her (without speaking) to allow her to rest and recover. When she is able to have visitors I will post it on the blog.

May the love of Christ "speak" to your heart today :)

Follow our blog @ christslegacy.blogspot.com

- A messenger of God

No comments:

Post a Comment