Friday, February 3, 2012

Battle weary...

Have you ever been in a fight before? I am not proud to admit it but I have to confess that I was in a physical fight as a young boy. Long story short I was in elementary school and another boy kept saying nasty comments about my momma during recess even though I told him to stop....so I "settled it" with him at the park after school "once and for all". Looking back on it I know I should have handled it differently, but I also stop and reflect on how that fight was so momentary compared to the "battles" we face in life. Maybe the battle you are facing today is an ongoing relationship difficulty, a financial hardship or a health issue similar to Tina. Whatever the battle may be, if it is a noble and God honoring one, I want to encourage you to never, ever, ever give up and to let God fight the battle for you. I hope the following verses inspire you:

"...Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed...for the battle is not yours but God's." 2 Chronicles 20:15

"Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ..." 2 Corinthians 2:14

Update: As I write these words I am still recovering from a very long and difficult night with Tina. I don't want to focus on all the details of it so I will just say that we are both "battle weary"...but God refreshes us and gives us His strength to carry on :)

Things to keep in prayer: Tina is still VERY hypersensitive to light and sounds which causes her brain to go "haywire" and she is also in a lot of pain frequently throughout the day. Finally, please keep next Monday in your prayers that we receive fantastic news on her lab work ups.

Follow our blog @ christslegacy.blogspot.com

- A messenger of God

1 comment:

  1. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for awesome news on the lab work ups!

    ReplyDelete