Friday, February 24, 2012

First things first...

You ever felt like a chicken runnin around with your head cut off? Ok read that again and imagine me saying that with a real twangy kuntry voice. Someone somewhere told me that they are really able to do that. Anyways, sorry for the graphic poultry descriptor, but i thought it was a perfect example for our lives sometimes. This morning as i was running around the house trying to take care of Tina and Katie and meet all of their needs i found myself getting really irritable and grouchy. i then had this amazing ah ha moment...Although i love serving my beautiful wife and daughter, i had not taken the time to spend some alone time with God yet. i know from past experiences that when i don't take at least 5 minutes (minimum) early in the morning to sit, relax and fellowship with my God that the rest of my day will pay for it. So, i made myself stop, sit down and i opened up my bible and i started reading. i then listened to some praise and worship music by Bethel Live (amazing stuff!). Literally within a minute or two i physically felt all the stress, tension and irritability leaving me. Ahhhhhh. In Proverbs 3:6 it says "In everything you do, put God first, and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success." My prayer is that both you and i would always remember to put God first in our life through our time, energy, thoughts, finances etc...

Update: We came home from the hospital this week and overall we are doing well. Tina still has her up's and down's but there are definitely more up's lately. She is receiving home based physical, occupational and speech therapy and i told her that i would offer her some free psychological services but she passed :) For now we rest in the Powerful, Unwavering, Almighty hands of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Follow our blog @ christslegacy.blogspot.com

- A messenger of God

No comments:

Post a Comment