Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Different View...

When i am flying i love sitting in the window seat so i can look out in wonder at God's awesome creation. Have you noticed how different the view is from up above as opposed to being on the ground? i recently had this experience at the hospital. Tina and i have traveled back and forth through the medical center dozens and dozens of times over the past several years and fought many battles on these grounds. After seeing the same scenery over and over it tends to become routine...until you get a different view of things. The other day Tina and i stood on the 24th floor of MD Anderson looking out over the Houston horizon. As i looked down on the medical center i noticed how different things looked from that view (e.g. i could see things i had never seen before and i could see more clearly how things interconnected). It was in that moment that i felt God speaking to my heart and saying "Aaron, this is how I see things...from up above, not how you see them...you only see things from your level but I AM able to see ALL things and how they work together for My purpose." This experience reminds me of the verse in Isaiah 55: 8-9 that says "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."

When you see me please encourage me (and i will encourage you) to daily seek to see things from a different view...God's view. We can do this by daily reading His word, talking to Him and pursuing our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus with our whole heart.

Update: Tina has had a week full of up's (walking, eating well, laughter and smiles, dressing herself, sharing a romantic dinner with me on the 24th floor overlooking a sparkling lit up downtown panorama) and down's (more nausea, throwing up, pain, GI problems and a seizure) and to be honest this "roller coaster" is making my head dizzy...BUT God continues to hold our hands during these times and reminds us to look to Him so that we may see all of this through His eyes :)

In the name of Jesus Christ.

- A messenger of God

Follow our blog @ christslegacy.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment