Friday, June 10, 2011

Ringing Out

Aaaahhhhhh...I was so excited to be able to ring the beloved bell yesterday after my last treatment. Here are our momentos of that moment.

The plaque with the bell attached says just the perfect words:

Ringing Out

Ring this bell
Three times well
Its toll to clearly say

My treatments done
This course is run
And I am on my way!!!


Yes I am on my way..."It is Finished!" That is exactly what I said yesterday. Those were also Jesus' last infamous words in John 19:30. Not that I endured anything close to what he did, for he already paid the penalty for me with his death, but it felt awesome to be able to say that I had finished these treatments. You might be thinking "is that a sacrilege to compare yourself to Jesus?" Well in all honestly, the Lord knows my heart; it is pure and innocent of any wrong doing.

I have always said that the one person in the bible that I most wanted to be like was Job. At times, I might want to take those words back, but in the end...I always come back to Jobs words, "But as for me, I know that m Redeemer lives, and that he will stand upon the earth at last. (Job 19:25). You see, Job confidently believed that in the end God would be on his side. I too believe that no matter what happens to me in this life, my Daddy will always be on my side, even though at moments it doesn't seem that way.

God wants you to know that He will always be on your side; despite the outward circumstances that seem to be present at the moment. Believe that your Daddy is mighty and strong; He has you in the palm of His hand. He loves and cares about you! Speak those words of affirmation to you and those that you come in contact with today. Those words might be just the life-giving words that someone may need to hear. I pray that you have a wonderful day; celebrate the life that God has given you!

1 comment:

  1. You look Great! God is so Awesome! I loved your posting. The Lord is speaking thru you in so many way. You are on my heart and in prayers daily. Enjoy the weekend. God Bless your whole family.

    Debbie Torrey

    ReplyDelete