Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Seeing the Light.

Today it has been heavy on my heart to speak to you about how important it is to to read God's word. For His word is what gives us the hope that we desperately long for; especially in situations that seem to to have no end.

At times it seems that day after day, we deal with the same difficult situation over and over. It seems like it has no end to it. It seems like a dark tunnel that has no light at the end. Express to the Lord how you feel about the situation you are in now and begin to find scripture that reflects what the Lord says about His promises to you.

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see (Hebrews 11:1)." I truly love this verse, for it speaks volumes about what we cannot see with our own to eyes. It allows me to know that even though I may not be able to see what is coming, my Father in heaven assures me that if I believe God is who He says He is and believe in His promises then He will fulfill what He has promised.

Over the past several years, I have learned that it is truly important to know God's promises even though I don't always see them coming to pass at the moment that I would like for them to happen. I know that it can be difficult to continue to believe that you will see a light at the end of the dark tunnel you may be in, especially when you see those around you being blessed with those things that you long for. It is in those times, where I have had to cry out to God and say, "Why not me God, Why?"

Know that God hears our every cry, hear sees our every tear shed for the situation that we are going through, but know that He is a big God and He has a bigger plan for your life! There will be times where you may wonder when will I see the "light" that I so desperately long for.

King David was annointed King of Israel at a young age (believed to be between the ages of 12-16); however, he did not become King of Israel until the age of thirty. David faced many challenges and suffered much during his time awaiting to be king (his "light" at the end of the tunnel). Like David, we must wait on God to respond to our long awaited answers; no matter how challenging and arduous life can be know that God has a plan for all that you are going through. His promises are true and He is faithful to His word. Know the promises He has for you today.

Persevere. Learn and know God's promises to you so that you may encourage others with today with those promises He has given both you and them. For today is day 29 of my radiation vacation and I feel l I have seen God's promises come to pass during these past six weeks. For I declare that tomorrow will be the last of my radiation days!! I see the light!

No comments:

Post a Comment