Thursday, May 5, 2011

Purposeful Gifts...

In this season of my life I have had to learn to allow others to use their "unwrapped" gifts to serve our family. As much as I feel like I don't want to inconvenience anyone, God reminded me through a friend, of how important it was for her to share her gift of service to us. In Romans 12: 4-5 God's word says, "For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others."

Over the past couple of years, I have learned that I cannot do it all, Aaron cannot do it all. I truly believe that God has sent us so many people in our lives with special talents to care for us. By accepting their gifts, I feel like God has let me know that I am allowing them to be obedient to the calling that He has given them. I know this has allowed me the opportunity to spend time with others, grow friendships that needed watering, and it has opened my eyes to see what a gracious, loving, mighty, and powerful God I serve.

Day 5 of radiation treatment was yesterday. All went well...they "zapped me" (LOL) and I was in and out fairly quickly. As I sit here writing this, it made me think of how we truly are members of one body and how each member has to do its part. I know that I am not gifted in the area of giving treatments of radiation to others; therefore, God has provided that gift of service to me. I have to say, that Joel (the radiation therapist) that is working with me has a great sense of humor and that in and of itself, is a gift. Working with people going through treatments, seems to me, could be a difficult and taxing job. I am just glad that it isn't me behind those machines. However, I did let Joel know yesterday, (after he reminded me a few times...that one of the side effects of this treatment for brain patients was losing their hair), that he did not have the ultimate say so in this matter...that God had the ultimate and final word. I reminded him that I was aware that it was a side effect that people have had and not that I am in denial that it could happen to me, but that I was praying against it! In that moment, I was excited to give glory and honor to God for listening to our prayers.

I want to thank God first of all for you! Thank you for allowing me to share our journey with you. I pray that this blog ministers to your heart and that you allow this to be a blessing to you. I am trying (although I am not perfect) to obedient to God's calling me to serve others by writing this blog. This blog has not only been a joy and an honor for me to share God's word, His power, and His glory, but it has also allowed me to open my eyes to the healing it has created not only within me, but also others around me.

I want to thank everyone who has been obedient to God's call upon their heart of serving us. I pray that God blesses you a hundred fold for serving and using your gifts and talents for His purposes. For God has equipped each and everyone of us with different gifts and talents. Take today, and willing seek opportunities to use them for God's glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment