Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Unwavering Confidence

Today was day 9 of radiation treatment. Praise God that He is the Lord who protects me from danger, his mighty army of angels have surrounded me this whole time during treatment these past several days. There have been days that the enemy will try to attack my thoughts and he tries to use others' words to instill doubt in my mind as to His promises to me. Promises that He will protect my lil' punkin head from any harm, negative side effects, or damage to my cells and brain function.

Every time that they snap into place the mask that they created to form the shape of my face and head. I imagine myself putting on my helmet of salvation (Ephesians 6:17) and imagine an angel sitting on top of my head, guiding the exact direction of the laser beams (as though that angel is a neurosurgeon) that they are radiating in those yucky cancerous cells. I recite over and over to myself the promises of God's word every moment I am there. I have unwavering confidence in God and use it to combat any fear that the enemy tries to attack me with. I know that my Father God is mighty to save and he protects me from danger (Psalm 27).

Today I wait patiently for the Lord as he continues to heal me. He tells me to be brave and courageous. Continue to wait patiently. Be brave, be courageous. I pray that you continue to way patiently as the Lord works through you! Allow His angels to take over and control all things, even though things may seem unfair at times. He is worth waiting for!

No comments:

Post a Comment