Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Great Lasers...a change in plans

The Radiologist's office called yesterday and mentioned that they needed to change my appointment from 9 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. today. After some prodding as to why the change in my schedule. The gentleman on the other end, stumbled through his words and eventually stated that the only available opening they had on a "particular" machine was at that time.

I'm not sure if I mentioned previously that the radiation oncologist told us that they would only conduct one scan (which was conducted last Thursday) prior to the radiation treatment and base all of my treatments off of that single scan due to me having a slow growing tumor. One of my concerns was "what if something changed and they radiated a spot that did not need to be treated?" It was at that point that we had to relinquish control and say, "Lord, let your will be done, not mine." (Matthew 26:39) All that to say, God was (not that He hadn't been) in the driver's seat! The phone call was to let me know that the "particular" machine they are assigning me to, will be conducting scans on a daily basis to monitor exactly where my treatments need to be.

Whew, I was relieved to hear that! A friend of mine reminded me last night that God knew that it would be one thing less on my plate that I would think about. Ultimately, for me, one less thing the enemy could use against me...to cause doubt in my mind.

For me, I felt God gently turning my face towards Him as He said to me in a Daddy's gentle whisper, "Listen. Relax, my beloved I've got the "great lasers" of heaven pointed on you. Just sit and allow my incredible peace to permeate you." As Jesus says in the book of John "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)

Today don't allow fear, sin, or uncertainty to steal the peace of God from within you. For God's peace is what keeps away the world's hostile forces (e.g. fear, doubt, sin, etc) and it offers us comfort and relaxation. But remember, you must accept and receive the peace that He gives you. I pray that you have a wonderful, relaxing, and peaceful day, knowing that God's plans are always for your good! He Loves You very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment