Sunday, April 3, 2011

Perfect Faithfulness...

In Paul's letters to Timothy he truly encourages Timothy to keep strong, to be bold, to be faithful, despite the circumstances and suffering that he may have to endure. He also encouraged Timothy to not only carry the torch of truth, but to also invest in others, so that they may also one day serve in passing on Christ's doctrine and mission. God put this verse on my heart yesterday morning as a rememberance of the "Timothy's" in my life. "I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you. 6 This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:5-7).

It really encouraged me to remain solid in the foundation that was set before me by my mother and before her, my grandmother. Those foundations are legacies that came from those before me. God reminded me to continue to "fan into the flames" the gifts he has given me; These past few weeks, have been a trying and difficult time for us; however, God constantly shows up and shows off. He has given us the strength, love, power, and discipline to continue standing strong in the faithful promises of Jesus.

He also reminded me that He always completes His promises. Like Isaiah these words ring true in my very heart, "O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You and praise Your name, for in perfect faithfulness You have done marvelous things, things planned long ago (Isaiah 25:1).

Lord especially in the midst of the storm, You are truly my foundation! For your son was sacrificied that I and all others may have life and life abundantly. I declare that no matter what attacks the enemy has planned against me that you will use them for my good, to perfect Your will in my life, and to sharpen the sword that you have given me. For even though, everyday, especially lately, life can be a struggle. I praise you and am reminded of your faithful promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment